The early symptoms of CO poisoning are usually similar to common ailments such as upset stomach, tiredness and flu.
The common symptoms can include:
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Dizziness or Collapse
- Chest and/or stomach pains
- Erratic behaviour and/or Visual problems
Actions to take in a CO emergency
If you suspect fumes are escaping from your combustion appliance into your home, or your carbon monoxide alarm goes off.
- Turn the appliance off.
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the building.
- Leave the building immediately and don’t return until your appliance or boiler has extinguished and the air in the room is clear.
- If you feel unwell go to your Doctor, or call one of the following:
- Before you reuse the appliance, have it serviced by a HETAS Registered Installer and the chimney swept by a registered chimney sweep
- Do not use the appliance until you are told it is safe to do so.